Raise your hand if you’ve ever experienced back or joint pain. (Us, too.) We ask a lot of our bodies, from walking and running to heavy-lifting to just sitting at the office. Naturally, all that stress can have an impact. Many CBD users also see a chiropractor to help manage back and joint pain. So can CBD and chiropractic care be combined to provide you with more relief?
The American Chiropractic Association cites that “up to 80% of the population will experience back pain at some time in their lives.” This can range from one-off incidents to long-lasting, chronic pain. Meanwhile, when talking about our backs and our joints, everything is connected, so pain in one part of your body can often set off a chain reaction.
By tending to the alignment of our musculoskeletal system, chiropractors can help relieve pain and empower our bodies to function better. CBD fits right in with this mission, and when the two are combined, you can see some pretty incredible results. With regular use, pairing CBD with chiropractic care can help with pain management, relaxation, better sleep, and overall wellness. Let’s take a closer look.
6 Conditions That Chiropractors Treat
Pain can be a tricky thing, but there’s a lot you can do with a holistic approach. Chiropractors have deep knowledge of how your muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems fit into each other. They use adjustments (AKA “spinal manipulation”) to restore joint function and ensure that every piece of the puzzle is being supported.
- Low Back Pain- Your lower back is deeply involved in your mobility. Poor posture, disc injury, lack of exercise, arthritis, and more can all lead to pain. Your back is a sensitive system of discs, muscles, and cartilage, and your chiropractor knows how to make it work for you.
- Neck Pain – There’s a reason why the phrase “pain in the neck” exists. Your neck is a major intersection of your body, and it takes on a lot. Chiropractors can treat conditions from occupational stress (like sitting at your desk all day), sports injuries, and whiplash.
- Headaches – Yes, that gnawing pain behind your temples could be a result of tension that has built up through other parts of your body. Tension headaches and migraines can often be addressed with chiropractic care.
- Sacroiliac Pain – Also known as your SI joint, your sacroiliac joint connects to the hip bone and absorbs the shock between your upper and lower bodies. Dysfunction with this joint can cause pain to radiate to your legs, back, and side–no fun, but your chiropractor can help.
- Shoulder Pain – As with your neck and back, posture and occupational stress can have major implications for your shoulders, not to mention injury and conditions like arthritis. Your chiropractor has tools to help ensure your shoulders are aligned, supported, and have a full range of motion.
- Knee Pain – You might not think about knees when it comes to chiropractic care, but as one of the most important joints in the body, there’s a lot that chiropractors can do for them, whether the pain you’re experiencing is coming from cartilage degeneration, injury, or daily stress.
How Does CBD Work?
Meet the endocannabinoid system. It consists of nerve receptors throughout your body that talk to each other and produce effects. These receptors (known as CB1 and CB2 receptors) coordinate functions that include movement, emotion, mood, appetite, and (very importantly) inflammation and pain.
CBD binds to these receptors to influence the biological pathways throughout your body. In other words, CBD is able to manipulate the signals your body is sending out for awesome pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects.
How Does CBD Complement Chiropractic Care?
As your chiropractor works with you, CBD can be a game-changer, allowing them to more effectively address your symptoms. Here are some of the amazing ways CBD can work along with your chiropractic care to help you feel better and get back to living your life.
CBD Is Anti-Inflammatory
Even before making an adjustment, your chiropractor works to ease your pain and decrease the inflammation in your muscles. They might do this by applying heat, utilizing electrical stimulation, giving you a massage, and yes, applying CBD.
CBD can almost feel like magic when it comes to its anti-inflammatory properties. You can apply it exactly where you’re feeling pain or tension, and it will soothe the inflammation there. This allows your chiropractor to more easily manipulate your body and reach the cause of your problem.
Your chiropractor may use a topical during a session or suggest a product to use between sessions. Allvane Topicals are designed specifically with these uses in mind, with options that include a Lotion,Salve, or Roll-On.
Any chiropractor will tell you that stress can put a ton of tension into your body. (And where there’s tension, there’s trouble. )Think about the way you might hunch your shoulders or grind your jaw when you’re feeling stressed out. Eventually, it all adds up, and can exacerbate or even cause issues within your musculoskeletal system.
Your chiropractic session will be much more productive if you can address anxiety and stress with the help of CBD products such as Allvane Gummies, which are formulated for calm and relaxation.
Improve Overall Wellness
Chiropractors can do a lot, but they specialize in your physical state, not your mental state. CBD has endless benefits for your overall wellbeing, from helping you focus to improving your sleep. This can make a big difference in how your body feels and functions. For example, have you ever had a crick in your neck after a bad night of sleep? Or felt an old injury flare up during a time of stress?
Supporting yourself in your day-to-day life is key to giving your body everything it needs to heal and be healthy. Wellness CBD Oil is a great choice for daily balance.
Avoid Drugs or Surgery
Nobody wants to have to get surgery or rely on pain medication. With a holistic approach that combines CBD and chiropractic care, you’ll be able to address your pain without having to go to drastic measures. And, depending on the condition you’re dealing with, you may even find that a regiment of CBD and chiropractic care is much more manageable.
When you think about it, human bodies are amazing machines. With all that they do for us, it pays off to take great care of them. When you pair Allvane CBD products with your chiropractic care to relieve and prevent your pain, you can open up the door to a stronger, healthier, more active lifestyle.