With Mother’s Day just a few weeks away, moms are on our minds. As for what’s on mom’s mind? Literally, everything, every minute of every day, and often at 3:00 a.m. Moms do it all and sometimes we can use a little extra help to make it through the day (or night). Whether you’re a mom yourself or looking for a way to say I love you on Mother’s Day, a dose of CBD may be the boost you or she needs.
How do I know? I’m a mom to 5-year-old twins. I use our Allvane CBD products daily and personally experience the benefits of high-quality CBD.
Enjoy 20% off site-wide through Mother’s Day (code: Mom).
Five Common Challenges for Moms
- Stress and anxiety. Keeping a tiny human alive is enough to cause anxiety on its own, let alone trying to manage a household while being a spouse/partner/daughter/friend/employee/business owner/pet parent, not to mention paying bills, making wills, childcare, appointment scheduling, deadlines, and participation in activities. And oh yeah, that self-care we’re supposed to do and is on the do list. It’s no wonder we feel overwhelmed.
- Sleep deprivation: Loss of sleep is one of the hardest parts of being a mom. Not just the early days but the regressions, growth spurts, and monsters under the bed. When they’re not waking you up, you’re likely keeping yourself up worrying about why they’re not waking you up or about most items in #1.
- Lack of life balance. You’re running a million miles an hour and often putting the needs of everyone else before yourself.
- Inability to focus. See #1, 2 and #3. The to do list, sleep deprivation, and lack of balance create the feeling of being all over the place.
- Pain points: perhaps your muscles are sore from attempting some self-care by working out more regularly or training for something. Or, maybe you fractured a toe when you accidentally kicked the couch while trying to be a fun mom who plays tag. (That doesn’t feel good.) Muscle and joint pain can be uncomfortable, causing irritability and distraction from being your best.
Four Benefits of CBD for Moms
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is a chemical compound found naturally in cannabis family of plants, including hemp and marijuana. (Our Allvane line is made from hemp and 100% THC-Free). CBD has been shown to affect areas like our mood, relaxation, how we perceive pain, and our energy levels throughout the day. CBD is natural, non-intoxicating, safe and non-addictive, and is commonly associated with benefits including:
- Better Sleep: CBD is shown to improve sleep quality, including duration, mitigating the repeated wake-ups, and helping to get back to sleep if you do wake up during the night.
- Calm and relaxation. Studies also show CBD can help us relax and calm us down during periods of stress. Some doctors believe that CBD shows promise in treatment of anxiety.
- Pain Relief: CBD is an anti-inflammatory. Both topical and ingestible forms of CBD work alongside your endocannabinoid system to help your body regulate the response to pain.
- Support a balanced lifestyle. Everyone has an endocannabinoid system. This is an important regulatory system in the body whose primary function is to respond and adapt to the environment to achieve homeostasis, better known as balance. CBD aids this system to find that balance.
What CBD should I use?
There are a variety of ways to experience the benefits, such as topically with CBD lotions or salves, orally through CBD oils or tinctures, or edibles like CBD gummies, The product (or products) you choose to use are based on a combination of desired effect, personal preference and experimentation to find the right fit.
There are a few rules of thumb to find the right fit.
First, understand the issue you’re trying to solve and identify the best product to help. For example, a topical product like lotion will not calm your anxiety.
Next, remember that CBD will not solve the root of the problem. For example, the reason you are experiencing anxiety. They will also not cure any injury or illness. But it can help take the edge off.
Finally, no two people are the same and what works for your friend/family member/co-worker may not work the same for you.
Top CBD Products for Moms
Here are our top Allvane CBD picks for moms (selected by us moms, for moms). Plus, enjoy 20% off all Allvane products site wide through Mother’s Day (code: MOM). Shop now to get in time for her special day.
CALM & RELAXATION: CBD GUMMIES
A great choice to bring a little calm to a chaotic day. Every organic, vegan gummy is packed with 25mg of CBD providing an easy, efficient and delicious way for the body to absorb CBD (*As featured in Minnesota Monthly). SHOP NOW
SLEEP: UNWIND FORMULA CBD OIL
Counting sheep not cutting it? This specially formulated blend helps to calm the mind and body, aiding in a restful night. Available in both 500mg and 1500mg concentrations. SHOP NOW
PAIN RELIEF: CBD WARMING SALVE
This is a topical product formulated to penetrate deeply into the skin. Great for muscle aches and joint pains, kick-starting a warm-up and for sorting out stubborn tension knots. SHOP NOW
Balance: Wellness Formula CBD Oil
Remember that balance issue? This simple and effective CBD Oil was created to support overall health and well-being. Taken daily, it serves as a proactive mechanism to help keep a little pep in your step. SHOP NOW
Happy Mother’s Day!